Build Your Business with Online Review Management System
Review management is a very efficient form of digital marketing tactic where businesses can track down and respond to the online reviews left about their business online. These reviews can also be an eye-opener for businesses to identify their flaws and improve them.
Reputation management is a broader umbrella terminology that is used to maintain a consumer’s perception of a brand. That involves managing the listings, managing the social media reputation, review marketing and management, improving search visibility, and generating strategies to uphold a positive image on the web. When brands take their reputation management more seriously, they work harder to remove negative reviews from Google. This is the first essential step. Let us understand what is its importance.
Why is review management important?
Statistics and detailed studies have revealed that 93% of consumers prefer reading online reviews before they settle for transacting with a business. And, 40% of those consumers form an opinion about the business by reading the reviews. Hence, removing bad reviews from Google has become extremely crucial today.
This is because the consumers prefer to connect with genuine and unbiased experiences their peers have undergone rather than believing in the biased reviews provided by the companies. Just like the consumers, search engines like Google and Yahoo find these reviews extremely important. Based on the business content and its positive reviews, Google likes serving your business readily in front of your consumers. Consumers here do not prefer going to the second page and hence, having the business listed on the very first page is going to ideally solve the purpose.
How to manage reviews?
If you are wondering how to remove fake negative reviews from Google and manage the reviews efficiently, then there are professional services available today that help sort out the things for you with the right techniques and strategies. Here’s a brief of everything that’s included to create your positive brand image online:
- Claiming the business on Google, Facebook, and other bigger sites. Claiming it on smaller and industry-specific sites can also draw in smaller and focused audiences.
- Getting more reviews on the business offerings. More the reviews, more will people prefer to buy them.
- Asking consumers to review your products and services. The requests can be issued through emails or texts.
- Making the process of dropping reviews easier. This will lead to gathering more reviews from multiple places.
- Monitoring the reviews from all the sites continuously.
- Responding to good as well as bad reviews thoughtfully to build a greater relationship with all.
- Sharing the reviews on social media sites. This will build the brand reputation easily.
How to delete fake/spam Google Business Listing?
When Google’s policies/terms & conditions are violated by any of the businesses or your competitors, you can remove the Google business listing to avoid the spread of fake information. This would help remove the listings at fake locations and you can clear up the results to improve the relevance to the local community. Certain steps can be followed to delete Google business listing:
- Find the specified listing on the Google Map.
- Click on the link option suggesting “suggest an edit”.
- The “yes/no” option can be toggled to “yes”.
- The next button of the radio can be selected to “spam”.
- You will receive an automatic email from Google when and if your edit will get accepted.
There is a high possibility that the spammer might get back to it again once the spam is removed and continue spamming. You can continue to delete duplicate Google business listing permanently or move ahead to manage the listing.
How to manage Google business listing?
Managing Google listing optimally is the key to having your business getting found locally. It helps you stand above the competitors and wins your customers online. Here are a few ways to manage Google business effectively:
- Creating a business account- The first step involves creating a business account and asking Google to connect it with the Google Business Profile. The account can be created through Google.com/business and signing in with a regular account can create the registration.
- Filling details- This step ensures to rank the business higher on the search page and maintain its rank. Every section with rightly filled information helps to manage the account perfectly.
- Contact information- This must be meticulously filled to have uniformity of information about the business on the web. The business name and address must exactly match with other listings on the web. The regular and holiday working hours should be clarified.
- Business description- This would help a clearer brief of the business to get displayed along with the listing. This also helps the business to maintain consistency on the platform.
- Category choice- A choice of a category can help the business get found easily in discovery searches. Upon the selection of the category, Google ensures to list the business in category-specific features.
- Selecting applicable attributes- After choosing the category, the business can choose its attributes to better describe the business.
- Adding photos- Adding photos can immensely help manage Google listing because they increase consumers’ engagement, ensure quality, and inform about how active the business is and the images are also easily available in results.
- Getting reviews- Attractive and multiple reviews will attract more customers to the business.
- Sharing on business profile- With every update on the business profile, your business will gain more prominence and a better search ranking.
So if you were thinking about how to manage my Google business listing until now, the above steps can be really handy and easy to implement.
How to manage negative reviews on Google?
Businesses get embarrassed when negative reviews about them spread online. This not just impacts their market reputation but also affects their existing customer base. Managing this negativity is very important for the growth of your business. So here’s how to handle negative reviews on Google with some of the best ways:
- If the reviews are violating Google’s policies, there can be steps of action taken but Google won’t directly remove them unless clear violations are observed.
- Google will not remove the negative reviews if they are genuine. In that case, the businesses need to take measures in improving the customer experience and their services. Then the customer might delete the review and leave something very positive.
- If the negative review is a fake one, you can instantly flag it for removal. You can do this by visiting your business location on Google map and check all the reviews. Find the one you want to flag. Click on the dots and flag it as inappropriate. You can then call Google and follow up on the flagged review status.
How to manage negative reviews on Google business listing?
It has become a rather common trend for business profiles to receive fake and negative reviews. Hence, it has become very essential to manage Google business reviews. The businesses can reach out to Google directly for the removal or if that’s not the case, the below approaches can be taken.
- Reach out to the negative or fake review that you want to remove. There will be an option of a flag visible.
- Click on it.
- You will be taken onto the report a policy violation page.
- Enter the business email address and select the violation type. If the review is fake, Google will remove it automatically.
Today, there are many ways in which businesses can track their performance online and can even correct and improve it. They can utilise the following approaches for easy removal of fake reviews and better management of their listing on the Google page. This would help build the business reputation and establish consumers’ trust in their services.